Daedalus PSP R12 for v1.00 Firmware
Daedalus PSP R12 for v1.50+ Firmware
Daedalus PSP R12 Source
As usual it will take 20-30 minutes for the files to propagate across the Sourceforge mirrors, so please be patient :)
Here is the list of changes:
- [!] Fixed issue preventing Goldeneye from being loaded.
- [!] Fixed dynarec for Goldeneye.
- [!] Fixed dynarec for Super Smash Bros.
- [!] Fix various texturing issues with 4bpp and small or non power-of-2 textures.
- [!] Fix TexRect instructions with negative s/t components.
- [!] Fixed the HUD in Mario 64 (broken in R11.)
- [!] Fixed lights in F3DEX2 microcodes.
- [+] Correctly implement instruction fetch exceptions, improving compatibility.
- [+] Improved floating point compatibility.
- [+] Correctly handle mask_s/mask_t tile values.
- [+] Implemented a few custom blend modes.
- [+] Screenshots just cover visible viewport.
If you've been following the updates on this blog over the past month the most obvious change is that Super Smash Bros. is now running well with dynarec enabled, and many graphical glitches have now been resolved. The compatibility fixes were specifically aimed at Super Smash Bros. but may well fix issues with other roms too. Overall SSB is looking and playing much better than it was in R11, but even at 30-40fps it's still not running at fullspeed yet. There are a few graphical issues that still need resolving, but all in all it's starting to feel very playable with frameskip set to 1 or 2.
Goldeneye is also running in R12. Although the intro sequence is running very quickly and with few noticable graphical issues, a lot more work is needed to it running at a playable framerate in-game. I think it's a good start though, and something to get excited about for the future :)
Otherwise R12 just has a fewm minor compatibility and graphical fixes - there are no optimisations for this build.
As always, leave your feedback on the comments pages. I read all your comments and I'll do my best to reply to any questions you raise. I'm particularly interested to hear if any roms which were broken in previous releases are now running in R12.