Here are a few of the significant graphical fixes I've made so far for R6.
Firstly, I managed to fix the horrible flickering that happened when running various roms (Paper Mario was a good example). It turned out that I was making an assumption that roms executed exactly one display list per frame. I assumed that each display list would clear the screen, render everything, and then wait for the screen to flip. As it turns out, some roms execute multiple display lists per frame. In the case of Paper Mario it executes 2 display lists per frame (one which clears the screen, then another which renders everything). By making sure that I only flip after the second display list executes, I avoid the flickering (the actual solution is a little more involved but this is the general idea).
The next significant glitch I've fixed was to do with backface culling of triangles. Basically, when I ported the graphics engine over from the PC version, I forgot to implement the two or three lines of code which handles this. It was a very small fix, but it corrects a number of significant graphical issues (notably all the walls getting in the way in Quest 64).
Finally, I've managed to track down and fix a significant memory leak in the texture handling code. I believe this was causing many of the random crashes that were occuring when leaving the emulator running for several minutes or more (basically through running out of memory). Before applying the fix I found that the Super Mario 64 would crash within 4-5 minutes. After applying the fix I've been able to run Mario with no problems for over 30 minutes.
I'll keep you posted as to when you can expect a new release. I'm quite excited about the memory leak fix, so I'd like to get a new release out as soon as I can implement some of the other things I promised for R6.
PS I know I've been crap at replying to emails :( I'm hoping to get this release out and then I'll spend a few hours sorting out my mailbox and replying to various comments here.